 |
| 16 inch Sampler |
The Pizza Haus is located in an old Volunteer Fire House by the railroad tracks in the middle of Clyde, Texas. It is the decendent of the original Pizza House that was on the frontage road to I-20 but which closed after the owner's death. The last time I had their pizza, I blogged about it here--https://edibleabilene.blogspot.com/2012/03/pizza-house-in-clyde-tx.html
My mom, brother and I decided to drive over to Clyde and have some pizza. Before we left, I checked the restaurant's Facebook page to be sure they were open. They are family-run and at times the hours are inconsistant.
 |
| Menu |
Once inside, you place your order at the counter. We went with the 16-inch sampler for $19.20 and a half-order of cheesy breadsticks for $3.85, along with two 4 oz cups of ranch dressing for .75 each. Drinks are $1.99 a piece. Sodas are bottled, not fountain. They have a small one-trip salad bar option. You can also order a pizza with gluten-free or cauliflower crust, which is a bonus for a small-town pizzaria. These crusts only one in one size.
There is a dining area in the next room from where you order with about 8 picnic tables. When we arrived on a Saturday at 12:30pm, there was only one table unoccupied. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their lunch. It was mostly family groups.
 |
| Small cheese breadsticks |
As it was the first time I ate there years ago, I was most impressed by the crust on the pizza. Crispy, flavorful, and not too thick. They must put a little oil in the pan when they cook it to give it that crisp.
The toppings were generous but not quite as plentiful as they were in the past. Sauce was put on with a light hand as was the cheese. My main criticism, would be that they use canned mushrooms instead of fresh ones but the onions and peppers were freshly chopped and they go with the large pepperoni slices, which I like.
 |
| Dining area |
 |
| Order at the counter |
Everyone was happy with the food and we had some leftover for a snack later. The pizza is well worth the price. For fans of jalapeno poppers, they have a popper pizza option but that and the sampler are the only "speciality" options. You can build you own with a list of 13 different ingredients.
If I lived in Clyde, I would probably eat there way too often for my waistline!
The Pizza Haus--His Legacy
212 N 1st St, Clyde, TX 79510
(325) 893-4141
Current hours are posted on FB-
https://www.facebook.com/PizzaHausHIsLegacy/
No comments:
Post a Comment