Saturday, September 23, 2023

The Gap Cafe--Perini's breakfast, brunch, and lunch spot in Buffalo Gap (get the CFS).


The Gap Cafe 
 in Buffalo Gap is located at the turn off to go the the Abilene State Park. It is owned by the Perini's so the quality is up to par for my expectations. 
Wooden bar for atmosphere


Neat decor
I have been out there twice for Sunday brunch. They only serve the brunch menu on the weekends. The first time I ordered spinach and mushroom quiche which was a little dry, but the side of bacon I had was cooked perfectly. The second time I went, I got the chicken fried steak tenderloin medallions with fries ($14). Yum!

Both times, I enjoyed my meal but the chicken fried tenderloin was the winner. Practically perfect in every way. The gravy had just the right amount of pepper. The steak was tender with the right amount of breading on it. Their french fries are served with fried jalapenos in them so be warned if that is not something you want.

The Gap Cafe has choices of several standard breakfast plates but the menu is not big. I hope to make it over there for lunch during the week someday to try the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich as I am always on the lookout for a truly special grilled cheese. Maybe someday...

Chicken fried tenderloin
From what I observed both times I have gone, the place is run with only 3-4 people working. Two young women as servers and someone cooking in the back. The larger room for seating is made up of very large round tables to seat groups. Service is not speedy so do not be in a rush to get in and out of there unless you just want to grab a pastry and a coffee at the counter.

Price points are reasonable so it will not break the bank to take the family or go with a group of friends. It is worth the drive to Buffalo Gap.




The Gap Cafe
2709 FM 89
Buffalo Gap, TX 79508
https://www.periniranch.com/pages/the-gap-cafe 
(325) 572-3334

Hours
Monday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday - Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm



No comments:

Post a Comment