Saturday, March 3, 2012

Need to know where to eat in Abilene? I can help.

Welcome! I hope you find my restaurant reviews helpful.

A bit about me. I have lived in Abilene for decades but I never really got into "cuisine" until I started traveling and found out there is more to be consumed than burgers and fries. Now I can say I'm almost a "foodie" or at least that is my aspiration.

If you are visiting Abilene, hopefully this blog will help you decide on places to try.  Below are links to reviews I have written on TripAdvisor and Yelp.  Most of them are for places in and around Abilene, Texas.
 
 


Some quick recommendations from the top of my head:

Business Lunch--The Beehive

Date night--Copper Creek

A Texan Experience-- Perini Ranch in Buffalo Gap

Asian--Krua Thai at 790 S. Leggett Dr, Abilene TX, (325) 701-9954. Only a few tables inside, better to get it to go.
(325) 673-9972


Burgers--Rockin' Rollerz

Mexican/Tex-Mex--

I'd like to be able to highly recommend a great Mexican or Tex Mex place for you but there isn't really anything outstanding, lots of good but nothing that knocks your taste-buds for a loop or is always consistent but Tex-Mex is my favorite and I never give up hope. 
 
Miguel's which is locally owned and beautifully decorated can be very good but can also be inconsistent. Despite that, it is my favorite local nice Mexican place. For a "hole-in-the-wall" experience is Farolito's which is family-owned, super kitschy, and generally only open for lunch. However, they have wonky hours based on if they have enough workers. Check their Facebook to be sure they are open before you venture there. They are the oldest restaurant in Abilene.

Note: Chains and anything new tend to do well in Abilene when they open. Don't expect to get in the door for at least a month.

Enjoy and happy eating, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment