Saturday, June 9, 2012

Deli at the United Supermarket on S.14th & S. Willis--Tasty Sandwiches

My favorite sandwich spot in town isn't Subway or Jimmy John's. It is a deli in a grocery store and if you hit the place at lunch you will find that many other people seem to feel the same. The seating area was full at 12:15pm on a Friday.

The sandwiches on the multi-grain wheat or home-style sourdough bread are the best. The bread is the highlight for me, along with the quality meats, cheeses, leaf lettuce and fresh tomato. I'm told the burgers are good as well.

Yesterday, I had the heart healthy roasted chicken on wheat--toasted so the cheese would melt. I've also enjoyed the Reuben and the California Club on previous occasions. They are served as combination meals with a side, a pickle spear and a drink...all for less than $6.00. Your choice of sides are fruit, potato chips or fries.

Grab a bite next time you need to pick up a few things at the store. I think you will be surprised.
 
3301 S 14th St
Abilene, TX 79605
(325) 690-9059

No comments:

Post a Comment